Bacon and Sprout Soup
On Christmas day we all tuck into a wonderful meal, but no doubt there are plenty of leftovers! This is my recipe for Sprout and Bacon Soup to give you some inspiration for using up those sprouts and getting a much needed dose of green after all those heavy meals!
Time: 1 Hour Serves: 5
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan on a medium heat and add the bacon, chopped into small pieces.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the bacon is done, then remove the bacon and set aside.
- Chop the onion and garlic and add to the pan, cooking in the coconut oil that the bacon was cooked in.
- Keep stirring until the onion starts to soften, then add the sprouts and broccoli.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then add the stock and peas and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently simmer for 45 minutes, then remove from the heat and use a stick blender to zap the soup until it's smooth.
- Add the bacon pieces from earlier and stir well, if you are serving immediately, reserve some bacon for sprinkling on top of the soup.
- 1 1/2 Rashers of bacon
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 Large red onion
- 1 Clove garlic
- 450g Sprouts (peeled and halved, or cooked leftovers)
- 100g Broccoli
- 175g Frozen peas
- 1 L Chicken soup
- Salt and pepper