This is such a great dish to have on a cold winters day without feeling guilty! The sweet potato mash on top is so tasty and adds a healthier twist to the traditional Shepherd’s pie.
Time: 45 mins Serves: 4
- Peel and cube the potato, place in a pan of boiling water for 10-15mins or until soft enough to mash. Once cooked, drain, season with salt and pepper and mash well.
- Place the mince, onion, leek and carrots in a large frying pan on a medium heat and cook until meat is cooked through. Add the herbs and stir well, cook for 2 mins then add the flour & stir.
- Add the water, tomato puree, Worchester sauce and stock cube. Season with salt and pepper, stir well and allow to simmer for about 7mins.
- Place the mince in an oven proof dish then layer the mash on top. Place under the grill or in the oven at 250º/230°C fan and allow to colour for about 10 mins. Remove from oven and serve with veg such as green beans or broccoli.
- 400g Lamb mince
- 1 Large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 Large carrots, diced
- 1 tsp Parsley, thyme and fresh rosemary
- 1 Leek, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Spelt flour or wholemeal flour
- 300ml Water
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 tsp Worchester sauce
- 1 Beef stock cube
- 800g Sweet potato
- Salt & pepper