Chickpea and Spinach Curry with Cauliflower Rice
If you are looking for a lighter alternative to take away curry and rice, this is sure to hit the spot! The cauliflower rice offers a lower carb side to serve with this meat free curry and the chickpeas provide the source of protein to leave you feeling satisfied without the heavy 'post curry' bloat!
Time: 50 Mins Serves: 2
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Finely chop the garlic, chilli, ginger and onion, add to the pan and stir for a few minutes to allow the onions to begin to soften.
- Add the spices and heat for a few minutes before adding the coconut milk and stirring well.
- Bring to a simmer then add the chickpeas, coriander and a pinch of salt.
- Simmer on a low heat for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, adding the spinach 5 mins before the end.
- Whilst the curry is cooking, it's time to make the rice. Start by removing the leaves and stalk of the cauliflower and roughly chopping the florets then placing in the blender.
- Remove the very end of the bulb of the spring onion and the top of the stems, again roughly chop along with the coriander and add to the blender.
- Blitz until the cauliflower forms a fine rice consistency then place in a large non stick frying pan with a good grind of salt and pepper on a medium heat.
- Stir regularly for 7 mins then remove from the heat and serve with the curry.
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Thumb sized piece of ginger
- 1 Large white onion
- 1 Chilli
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tso Turmeric
- 1 Can of coconut milk
- 1 Can of chickpeas
- Handfull of fresh coriander
- 50g Spinach
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 1 Spring onion
- Small handful of fresh coriander
- Salt and pepper