Cauliflower and Flax Pizza
Everyone loves pizza! So this is my take on it using cauliflower and milled flaxseed to make the base, this provides a gluten free, lower carb and lower calorie alternative to traditional dough based pizzas.
Time: 1hr 20 Mins Makes: 1 Pizza
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C / 160°C Fan.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and place it in the blender with the finely chopped onion. Blend to a fine crumb.
- Add the rosemary and chopped garlic along with the milled flaxseed and blitz again.
- Next, add the buckwheat flour and give the mixture one final blast in the blender.
- Finally, stir in the egg and make sure everything is well combined.
- Line a pizza tray or baking tray with parchment and place the mixture in the centre. Work the mixture out into a large circle about 1/2cm in thickness.
- Once smooth, place in the oven for 40 mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before applying the topping.
- Place the passata in a sauce pan along with the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over a gentle heat for 5 mins.
- Apply a thin layer of sauce over the base, followed by your favorite toppings.
- I used some tomatoes, cooked chicken, sweetcorn, pepper, courgette, red onion, spinach, mozzarella and pesto.
- Place back in the oven for 20 mins or until the veg is cooked and the topping is starting to colour.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- 1/2 Cauliflower, leaves removed
- 3 tbsp Milled flaxseed or milled linseed
- 1/2 Red onion
- 1 tsp Finely chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp Buckwheat flour
- 1 Small egg, whisked
- 1/4 Carton of passata
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- Salt and pepper
- A selection of toppings: tomato, cooked chicken, sweetcorn, pepper, courgette, red onion, spinach, mozzarella, pesto