Med Veg Risotto
This risotto uses a mixture of flavours from the vegetables to create a rich, filling dish along side the buckwheat; I like using buckwheat in place of risotto rice as it brings a great nutty flavour to the dish.
Time: 1 Hour Serves: 2
- Pre heat the oven to 180 °C / 160°C Fan.
- Peel and cube the squash to 1 cm square pieces.
- Place the squash on a tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes whilst you prep the other veg.
- Add the other vegetables to the tray, drizzle with olive oil, give a good grind of salt and pepper and place back in the oven for 35-40 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil and add the chopped garlic and chopped onion and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Continue to cook for a further couple of minutes then add the buckwheat, stock and herbs.
- Stir well and simmer for 20 mins, keep checking on the risotto as you may need to add some more water as it cooks.
- Place the asparagus on a tray lined with foil, sprinkle the grated parmesan on the spears then place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove the veg from the oven and add to the risotto, garnish with the asparagus and serve!
- 200g Squash
- 1 Courgette (160g)
- 1 Red or yellow pepper
- 1 Red onion
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 Asparagus stems
- 15g Grated parmesan
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 40g Sun-dried tomatoes
- 100g Buckwheat
- Handful of fresh basil
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1tsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 400 ml Veg stock
- Salt and pepper