Overnight oats with chocolate chia base
Working the early shift at work often feels like it can limit the options for breakfast. Not having time to make something before rushing out the door is a pitfall for many!
So this is a recipe I've put together that can be made the night before and grabbed from the fridge in the morning, you can also make a double portion to cover the next day too.
Time: 10 Mins Serves: 1
- To make the chia seed base, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Add enough just boiled water to cover the seeds and stir well again
- Leave to stand whilst you make the oats (the longer you can allow the better, I sometimes leave them separate until the morning)
- To make the oats, place all of the ingredients in the blender apart from the oats
- Blast until smooth
- Place in a bowl and stir in the oats
- Layer the oat mixture over chocolate chia base and keep in the fridge overnight .
For the chia seed base:
- 15g Chia seeds
- 2 tsp Raw cacao
- 2 Dried dates (chopped up into small pieces)
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- Boiling water
For the oats
- 30g Oats
- 1/2 Cup frozen berries
- 1 Scoop of vanilla or plain protein powder
- A dash of water